Medicine in Motion is collaborating with the Harvard Graduate Council for a July Fitness Challenge. This event is part of our MOVE Campaign to promote wellness and raise funds and awareness for racial equity.
Our Fitness Challenge is running from July 18-26.
How to participate:
- Participate in an exercise of your choice (run, bike, walk, work out in your home, etc.)
- Take a photo of yourself doing the exercise (or a screenshot of a Strava or MapMyRun route if you run/bike/walk), and post it with the hashtags #OneHarvard & #NewBalance and tag @MedMotion. If you are affiliated with MGH, please tag @mgh_cfpwb and, if on Twitter, @MassGeneralMDs.
If you are in Boston and would like to run a course in Cambridge/Somerville in the shape of BLM (shown above) to show support for the Black community, see the instructions below:
To run the BLM course with Google Maps: use this link HERE.
Note: Recognizing that the recent weeks have been challenging for international students, we also have a course in Cambridge in the shape of F1 to show support for international students.
- Download MapMyRun, create an account.
- Click on one of the links above (BLM or F1) to open the desired route in your browser. Click Bookmark to save the route and log in with the same account you created for the MapMyRun app.
- You can find the route on the MapMyRun app by clicking the 3 dots in the bottom right, then Routes, then Bookmarked Routes.
- When you get to the starting point, click Do It (top right), then Start Workout. It will track your route!
At the end of the Virtual Fitness Global Campaign week (date TBD, will be last week of July), the organizers will offer a Virtual Cool-Down Conversation with conversations about health and well-being during these unprecedented times, with a focus on discussing how to provide more support to communities that have been disproportionately affected. This discussion also fits into how July is Minority Mental Health Awareness Month.
While donations are not required to participate, we’d appreciate if you would support our organizations!