Bike 13.1 miles and record your time!
Race against your peers on this 13.1 mile virtual bike race. Read the rules carefully below. The top 3 racers receive EXCLUSIVE Medicine in Motion gear. GOOD LUCK CONTENDERS!
- 13.1 miles, continuous timing:
- This means that if you need a water break, stretching, fixing a dropped chain, etc. you will need to keep your watch / strava / etc going! Just as if you were in the midst of a real race. Make sure your inner tubes are good and properly inflated!
- Your course must be at least net neutral elevation. An out-and-back loop is a good choice to ensure it is net neutral
- We will calculate your timing / score based on average pace – this means that if you go over 13.1 miles, your average pace will be applied to the 13.1 miles.
- Track using any platform (eg Garmin, Strava, FitBit, AppleWatch, MapMyRide). You will upload a file (which can be JPEG with date and data of your ride)
- When riding on the road, a helmet is required
- You must use a fully man-powered bike (road, TT, mountain, hybrid are all acceptable). You may not use a bike with any sort of motor or pedal assist
- You may use a smart trainer (wattage with appropriate weight/height correlated mph output) or stationary bike at the gym